A brain injury or spinal cord trauma is a life-altering event for the patient, their family and friends. At Wright Rehab, we understand the stages people go through as they recover.
Our Rehabilitation and Personal Support Workers are trained to deal with the full range of behaviours and emotions and can help you cope with them too. We know that the road to recovery is one of many small steps, and we’ll help you.
Following a brain injury, a person may exhibit one or more of these behaviours:
- Difficulty remembering, general lack of attention, inability to follow instructions
- Emotional acting out, lack of self-control, sudden rage over small things
- Discomfort in social situations, frightened of strangers
- Sadness, grief, crying, feeling of hopelessness, of being a burden to family and friends
- Constant tiredness, wanting to sleep